Red Wings make 12 cuts, reduce training camp roster to 39 players
Photo credit:Tim Fuller-USA TODAY Sports
By Mike Gould1 year ago
The Detroit Red Wings have trimmed their training camp roster by 12 players, the club announced Thursday.
Here’s the rundown of the cuts:
- Defensemen Jared McIsaac, Wyatt Newpower, and Donovan Sebrango, as well as goaltender Victor Brattström, have been assigned to the Grand Rapids Griffins of the American Hockey League;
- Goaltender Kaden Fulcher has been assigned to the Toledo Walleye of the ECHL;
- Forwards Turner Elson, Jon Martin, Dominik Shine, Tyler Spezia, Kirill Tyutyayev, Hayden Verbeek, and Dennis Yan — all of whom are signed to AHL contracts with Grand Rapids for 2021–22 — have been released from their professional tryout agreements with Detroit.
This list of cuts does not factor in defensemen Brian Lashoff and Ryan Murphy, both of whom were placed on waivers by the Red Wings on Thursday.
The following 39 players (22 forwards, 14 defensemen, and three goaltenders) are all still contending for spots with the Red Wings:
- Forwards (22): Filip Zadina, Robby Fabbri, Jakub Vrána (inj.), Mitchell Stephens, Lucas Raymond, Pius Suter, Taro Hirose, Riley Barber, Michael Rasmussen, Carter Rowney, Kyle Criscuolo, Chase Pearson, Givani Smith, Jonatan Berggren, Bobby Ryan, Tyler Bertuzzi, Dylan Larkin, Adam Erne, Patrick Curry, Sam Gagner, Joe Veleno, Vladislav Namestnikov.
- Defensemen (14): Nick Leddy, Filip Hronek, Marc Staal, Luke Witkowski, Dan Renouf, Gustav Lindstrom, Brian Lashoff, Seth Barton, Moritz Seider, Danny DeKeyser, Troy Stecher, Jordan Oesterle, Adam Brubacher, Ryan Murphy.
- Goaltenders (3): Thomas Greiss, Calvin Pickard, Alex Nedeljkovic.
Detroit will wrap up its pre-season schedule Saturday with a 3:00 p.m. ET matinee in Buffalo against the Sabres.
Red Wings general manager Steve Yzerman and his staff have until Oct. 11 to finalize the team’s opening day roster.
Recent articles from Mike Gould