What seemed to be lost forever, is back and better than ever! On Wednesday morning, the Red Wings unveiled their new plan for off-ice promotions and other initiatives, as well as a fresh new Hockeytown logo.
— Detroit Red Wings (@DetroitRedWings) September 12, 2018
It’s so beautiful.
Inspired by the font on the jerseys, the new-look logo is sure to help modernize the Red Wings look for the future.
“What defines Hockeytown is the shared sense of undying passion our fans have for our game, our team, and our city,” said Chris Granger, Group President, Sports & Entertainment, Ilitch Holdings, Inc. “We’re excited to introduce several new programs for the upcoming season that will amplify the game-day experience at Little Caesars Arena and appeal to the Hockeytown community.”
The Red Wings also announced some fresh new ideas to further engage their fans:
- Little Caesars Arena Hockeytown Open Houses in which fans will have the opportunity to skate on the same ice as the Red Wings players
- On sale beginning Monday, September 17:
- At least 100 tickets to every Red Wings home game will be available for just $20
- New reduced-price Hockeytown Value Packs starting at $69 that include a pair of tickets and $20 concessions credit
- Discounted concessions and merchandise pricing at home games
- Special pre-game entertainment in the street-level Via concourse at select home games
- Fans that download The District Detroit App will have a chance to win exclusive behind-the-scenes tours of Little Caesars Arena
- Contests for Hockeytown fans living in other NHL cities with chances to win tickets to Red Wings road games
- Viewers of Red Wings telecasts on Fox Sports Detroit and listeners on 97.1 The Ticket will have chances to win special Hockeytown prizes during Red Wings games
Certainly, there is a lot to be excited about the upcoming Wings season.
Discounted ticket deals, contests to win tickets and tours, less expensive in-arena food, and a fresh new logo to top it all off.