Welcome to “2 Guys and a Goalie,” starring Dustin Nielson, Joaquin Gage, and Matt Kassian and presented by Odds Shark, Popeye’s Louisiana Chicken, and Sport Clips Haircuts. The show focuses on stories, notes, transactions, and everything else happening all around the NHL and the world of hockey.
Today’s podcast was obvious a strange one as the guys had to try to make some sense out of everything that’s happening in the world right now as the COVID-19 pandemic has caused a total stoppage in the world of sports. Even without hockey, the show must go on and the guys wanted to get together and discuss what might come next as the world at large works through a strange time in history.
The Rundown for today’s show:
- What the NHL is doing to prepare for games to resume, if that’s even possible
- A look at the @Anaheim Ducks placing a player on waivers in the midst of a pandemic, which caused some backlash for the team on social media
- Popeye’s Poll Question: Is there any way that hockey will be back this season?
- A discussion about the teams that are or are not paying their part-time employees
- 2 Guys Super Trivia: Think you know hockey stats and history? Let us know how you did.
- What are the must-see TV shows and movies for people to watch during the stoppage in sports
- Keep It or Clip It with a wide range of topics, including a look at individual awards even the NHL decides to cancel the season outright
Watch Today’s Episode Below!
Watch 2 Guys and a Goalie every Monday and Thursday on Facebook Live starting at Noon MST.
And make sure to tune in live and comment during the show and have the guys read your questions!