Some notable Detroit Red Wings alumni and Michigan celebrities will play a charity hockey game in Grand Rapids.
Benefitting the Michael Sadler Foundation, The Celly For Sadler event will feature a team of Red Wings alumni taking on a team of area celebrities on Friday at Patterson Ice Center, 2550 Patterson Ave. SE.
Confirmed alumni/celebrities include:
- Darren McCarty
- John Ogrodnick
- Gordon “Red” Berenson
- Eddie Mio
- Dave Coulier, Uncle Joey from “Full House” and Fuller House”
- Don McSween
- Lorne Knauft
- Dennis Hextall
- Tom Bissett
- John Blum
There will be a silent auction, raffles, souvenir shirt sales and an autograph session with two Red Wings alumni.
There are four ticket categories available for purchase.
- VIP ($100) – Each VIP ticket includes preferred seating, free food and nonalcoholic beverages, two beer tickets, game souvenir, lanyard for VIP ticket and fast pass to the front of the line for the autograph session. Available online only and are limited in number.
- General Admission ($25) – General Admission tickets give access to the general admission bleachers or standing room areas.
- Double Header ($27) – Double Header tickets include one General Admission ticket to the Celly for Sadler game and one ticket to the Forest Hills Northern-Eastern/Lowell-Caledonia game.
- Child General Admission ($10) – For fans 12 years old and under, tickets include one General Admission ticket to the Celly for Sadler game PLUS 1 ticket to the Forest Hills Northern-Eastern/Lowell-Caledonia game.
The alumni game will begin at 6:30 p.m., followed by the high school game at 8 p.m. Doors open at 5:30 p.m.
Sadler was a former Forest Hills Northern and Michigan State University punter who died in a car accident on July 23, 2016. At the time, Sadler was volunteering at a kicking camp to mentor young players.
The Sadler Foundation’s mission is to “inspire and empower students to realize individual potential with strong character, compassion and social-emotional awareness.”