Oh how times have changed. Less than a decade ago the Kings were a powerhouse who were crowned two Stanley Cups. Now they sit in the league’s basement, tied for dead last with…the Chicago Blackhawks. it’s not 2014 anymore folks. Its 2018 and the lowly Kings faceoff with the Red Wings who introduced them to the Lark Show. Powered by their young nucleus, the Wings dethroned the Kings in a 3-1 victory.
- Dennis Cholowski’s early season hype has started to cool down. The rookie defensemen is starting to feel the daily grind of being an NHL player. His name found the scoresheet for the first time in 7 games. Showcasing his great offensive instincts, he sneaks up the boards and takes a feed from Christoffer Ehn, roofing it on Jonathan Quick. 1-0 Wings.
Dennis Cholowski may keep this goal on his highlight reel for the rest of his career.
Rooftop on Jonathan Quick. pic.twitter.com/Lcf2H1wSnC
— Brad Galli (@BradGalli) December 11, 2018
- Frans Nielsen continues to produce. He picks up his 5th goal in the last 6 games. Quick was out of position and Nielsen took advantage.
NIELSEN!!! The @DetroitRedWings have a 2-0 lead over the Kings.
LIVE Now | FOX Sports Plus pic.twitter.com/AHeyzU9J0F
— FOX Sports Detroit (@FOXSportsDet) December 11, 2018
- The Lake Show? More like the Lark Show! A costly turnover in your own end right to Dylan Larkin is never a good idea. Larkin embarrasses Drew Doughty and Quick to score a beautiful goal.
— St. Nick (@nickseguin19) December 11, 2018
- The future captain now has 12 goals on the year. Which leads the entire team.
- Jimmy Howard was spectacular in goal. He made over 40 saves and didn’t break a sweat. Anze Kopitar spoiled the shutout in the third period, but Jimmy cam up big in the final two minutes to preserve the multi-goal lead.
Detroit was badly outshot in this game, 43-21 to be exact. But on the backs of Larkin and Howard they found a way. This team continues to be fun and what more could you ask for?