Just the day before the Wings start their training camp for the 2018-19 season, they announce the teams and roster.
— Detroit Red Wings (@DetroitRedWings) September 13, 2018
There will be a total of 72 players at camp this year. A total of ten of them are on Professional Tryouts, while another eight are on Amateur Tryouts. Among those players with PTOs is NHL veteran Jussi Jokinen.
Here is our release on that news:
Camp will run from September 14th to the 19th – the day of their first Preseason game against the Boston Bruins.
From detroitredwings.com, here is what the teams will look like during camp:
Forwards: Tyler Bertuzzi, Turner Elson, Martin Frk, Pavel Gogolev, Maxim Golod, Nicolas Guay, Jussi Jokinen, Luke Kirwan, Dylan Larkin, Anthony Mantha, Wade Megan, Matt Puempel, Dominic Turgeon, Trevor Yates, Henrik Zetterberg*
Goaltenders: Justin Fazio, Jimmy Howard
Forwards: Colin Campbell, Carter Camper, Zach Gallant, Darren Helm, Axel Holmstrom, Frans Nielsen, Gustav Nyquist, Michael Rasmussen, Dominik Shine, Chris Terry, Jordan Topping, Joe Veleno, Filip Zadina
Defensemen: Dennis Cholowski, Joe Hicketts, Filip Hronek, Brenden Kotyk, Jared McIsaac*, Mackenzie Stewart, Libor Sulak, Reilly Webb
Forwards: Justin Abdelkader, Andreas Athanasiou, Christoffer Ehn, Brady Gilmour, Luke Glendening, Matthew Ford, Bryan Moore, David Pope, Dylan Sadowy, Givani Smith, Evgeny Svechnikov, Thomas Vanek, Luke Witkowski, Lane Zablocki*
* denotes injured players, whose participation in on-ice and off-ice sessions may be limited
Sidenote: Team Howe looks so damn fun.
Interesting to note that Mike Green is listed as injured on this list. He might just be recovering from his surgery last spring, or something new came up recently and he’s not able to participate fully in camp.
Zetterberg is still listed on this roster, but I highly doubt he participates in any way. He might not even be in Michigan for camp, or he is using the Red Wings staff to help his recovery.
The Red Wings also announced their schedule and ticket availability for the upcoming training camp:
- Training Camp Practice (Friday, Sept. 14): $10 standing-room, $20 reserved seating or mezzanine
- Training Camp Practice (Saturday, Sept. 15): $15 standing-room, $25 reserved seating or mezzanine
- Alumni and Celebrity Game (Saturday, Sept. 15): $25 standing-room, $35 reserved seating
- Red and White Game (Sunday, Sept. 16): $20 standing-room, $35 reserved seating or mezzanine
- Training Camp Practice (Monday, Sept. 17): $10 general admission
- Training Camp Practice (Tuesday, Sept. 18): $10 general admission
So go out there and enjoy some Red Wings camp!