— Detroit Red Wings (@DetroitRedWings) February 24, 2017
This afternoon, the Red Wings acquired a 2017 3rd round draft choice from the Chicago Blackhawks in exchange for F Tomas Jurco.
Blackhawks have been focused on Jurco for the past six weeks. Was the guy they wanted.
— Pierre LeBrun (@Real_ESPNLeBrun) February 24, 2017
According to ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun, the deal is one that has been in the works for a while.
24-year old Jurco has played parts of four seasons with the Red Wings, scoring 39 points in 159 games with the club who selected him in the second round of the 2011 entry draft.
Jurco scored a career high 18 points in a career high 63 games during the 2014-2015 season.
He spent 113 games playing with the Grand Rapid Griffins, where he scored 71 points in those games. He also helped lead the Griffins to a 2013 Calder Cup championship.
With the move sending Jurco to the Blackhawks, the Red Wings now have nine picks in this years draft, including two third round picks, and two six round picks.
THE LATEST FROM LAING:
- OilersNation: The time that Shattenkirk was almost an Oiler
- Cross-Network: The Nation Notebook: NHL/Flames meet to talk officiating, Is there a market for Lazar? and what it’s like to be a GM on deadline day.
- FlamesNation: Coyotes trade Stone to Flames for picks
- Cross-Network: The Nation Notebook: Therrien and Julien in a coaching carousel, Chiarelli on the deadline, Vermette’s slash and some rumours
- OilersNation: An Oiler Valentine’s Day