Another week gone by, another handful of games from your Red Wings prospects. The top prospects came to play last week, as several of them put up multiple goals – there was even a hat-trick involved.
There were no full on brawls this time around, but one player did manage to rack up 30 penalty minutes in just a couple of appearances. Find out who below, when you check out this week’s edition of the Assembly Line.
American Hockey League
- Anthony Mantha has played in four games since our last update, doing the vast majority of his damage in the most recent Griffins game, netting a hat-trick and adding an assist on Tuesday.
- Martin Frk played in all four games in the past week, scoring one goal and taking 10 shots on net. He was also a minus-5 in that time.
- Mitch Callahan had no points in four games, taking six shots on net and also garnering a minus-5 rating.
- Robbie Russo had one assist in four games, getting three shots on net and finishing with a plus-2 rating.
- Louis-Marc Aubry skated in all four games in the last week, scoring once and adding an assist.
- Tomas Nosek had two goals and an assist in four games since the last update. He has four goals in his past six games.
- Ryan Sproul had two goals last week, and put 14 shots on net. He’s up to 108 shots on the season, and leads all Grand Rapids defencemen in that category.
- Tyler Bertuzzi played in three games last week, scoring one goal and racking up 30 minutes in penalties, resulting from a fight, an unsportsmanlike misconduct and a cross check that cost him five and a game.
- Colin Campbell skated in all four games last week, picking up two assists.
- Nick Jensen played in four games, grabbing one assist, eight shots on net, and a minus-3 rating.
- Xavier Ouellet and Andreas Athanasiou are both on call ups with Detroit right now. Ouellet played one game (in which he went pointless) before getting called up.
Canadian Hockey League
|Evgeny Svechnikov||LW||19-111||QMJHL||Cape Breton||41||28||36||64||1.56||33.3||15||76|
|Joe Hicketts||D||19-291||WHL||Victoria Royals||47||4||41||45||0.96||21.2||+20||38|
|Adam Marsh||LW||18-181||QMJHL||Saint John||42||22||17||39||0.93||19.8||11||48|
- Evgeny Svechnikov continues to dominate the QMJHL, scoring three more goals in the past week. Two of them came in a game on Sunday.
- Dominic Turgeon played three games since the last update, scoring once and adding three assists. He’s now on a four game point streak in which he has five points (two goals, three assists).
- Joe Hicketts played four games last week, accruing three assists. He still has just four goals on the season.
- Adam Marsh played three games since the last update, scoring three goals and adding three assists. Unfortunately, he went pointless in Sunday’s game against Chicoutimi, ending his eight game point streak. Nevertheless, he has 27 points in his past 21 games.
- Vili Saarijärvi had three assists in four games last week. He’s now gone seven games without a goal. That streak is still preferable to being in the Flint organization.
|James de Haas||D||21-292||ECAC||Clarkson||30||3||10||13||0.43||8.2||-3||0||70||4.3%||2.33|
|Mike McKee||D||25-151||NCHC||Western Michigan||21||1||3||4||0.19||6.4||-4||0||18||5.6%||0.86|
- James de Haas played twice last weekend, but had points to show for it.
- David Pope got back into the lineup for the University of Nebraska-Omaha last weekend, playing in both games, but accumulating no points.
- Mike McKee played in one of Western Michigan’s two games last weekend, but had no points.
- Chase Pearson played in two games last week, picking up one assist and compiling a plus-5 rating.
- Patrick Holway played twice last weekend, with completely empty statlines to show for it. It’s been 11 games since his last point.
|Axel Holmström||RW||19-235||SHL||Skelleftea AIK||40||7||15||22||0.55||27.1||-1||18||54||13.0%||1.35||13:29|
|Julius Vahatalo||LW||20-333||Liiga||TPS Turku||42||9||4||13||0.31||7.4||-2||4||91||9.9%||2.17||12:49|
|Alexander Kadeykin||C||22-138||KHL||St. Petersburg||48||5||5||10||0.21||13.7||6||14||48||10.4%||1.00||10:44|
|Christoffer Ehn||C||19-320||SHL||Frolunda HC||28||0||2||2||0.07||3.5||-1||2||17||0.0%||0.61||5:42|
- Axel Holmström played in two games since the last update, with one shot on goal and a minus-2 as his only stats to show. He averaged a little over ten minutes in ice time.
- Julius Vahatalo played in two games in the past week, picking up no points.
- Alexander Kadeykin played in one game, posting no points. It was St. Petersburg’s final game of the regular season, losing 3-1 to Jokerit. They failed to qualify for the KHL playoffs.
- Christoffer Ehn played in two games, counting one shot on net. He averaged about eight and half minutes of ice time, which is up from his season average.