The Grand Rapids Griffins on Wednesday released their 2019-20 schedule, which will be the club’s 24th campaign overall, 19th as members of the AHL and 18th as the primary affiliate of the Detroit Red Wings.
Highlights of the 2019-20 schedule include:
- Twenty-five prime home dates (15 Fridays and 10 Saturdays) out of 38 games
- A season-high eight-game homestand from Jan. 10-25, the team’s longest since an eight-game stretch in 2006-07
- The return of the Bakersfield Condors, San Diego Gulls and Toronto Marlies to the schedule for the first time since the 2015-16 season. Grand Rapids will play four games apiece against each opponent
- The Griffins’ 23rd annual New Year’s Eve celebration versus Chicago on Tue., Dec. 31 (6 p.m. start), in addition to playing the day after Thanksgiving (Nov. 29) and on Valentine’s Day (Feb. 14)
- Grand Rapids’ 19th annual Matinee Game against the Cleveland Monsters on Wed., Nov. 6 at 11 a.m.